We take our commitment to creating environmentally friendly products seriously. TetraKO water enhancer has been rigorously tested to NFPA 18A standards by four accredited and independent laboratories for aquatic and mammalian toxicity, biodegradability, and corrosion. Download the certification letters under “More Information” for details.
- TetraKO water enhancer has earned recognition under the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) Design for the Environment (DfE) program. TetraKO is the first fire suppression product to earn EPA’s DfE recognition under the Industrial/Institutional product category “Fire Fighting Product”, satisfying the need for a highly effective, and environmentally safe fire suppression alternative. Read the EPA letter.
- TetraKO solution independently tested to the required EPA Office of Prevention, Pesticides and Toxic Substances (OPPTS) Standard 835.3110 and OECD 301. Verified to be ready biodegradable.
- TetraKO solution independently tested to required EPA OPPTS Standards 870.1100 (Acute Oral Toxicity), 870.1200 (Acute Dermal Toxicity), 870.2400 (Acute Eye Irritation), and 870.2500 (Acute Dermal Irritation). Verified to comply with the NFPA, UDAFS and EPA guidelines for mammalian toxicity.
- TetraKO solution independently tested to the required EPA Series 850, OPPTS Standard 850.1075 and ASTM Standard E729-96. Verified to comply with the NFPA and OPPTS guidelines for aquatic toxicity.
- TetraKO solution independently tested to the required NFPA 18A standards for uniform corrosion testing of three alloys and was found to be non-corrosive within the acceptable range of proposed 2010 NFPA 18A for each alloy for ground based or helicopter bucket applications.